What is the Learning & Impact Project?
The Learning & Impact Project is BGC Canada’s tool to demonstrate and improve Club impact across Canada, individually and collectively, through evaluation. The project equips Clubs to collect quantitative (survey) and qualitative (interview) data from children and youth.
2022 Member Survey National Report
In the first year of the Learning & Impact Project, all BGC Clubs were invited to participate by deploying a national outcomes survey to Club children and youth ages eight and older. Ninety-six percent of full member BGC Clubs participated and 5,774 youth were surveyed.
The data from the Learning & Impact project points to the transformational impact a Club has on a young person’s life. BGC Club youth are more confident, more resilient, and make better choices, because of a Club.
Highlights from BGC’s Learning & Impact report:
- 92% of kids say they are more accepting of others because of a Club
- 90% of kids say they are a more positive influence on others because of a Club
- 91% of kids say they are more physically active because of a Club
- 90% of kids say they make better choices because of a Club
- 91% of kids say they are more confident in their abilities because of a Club
- 93% of kids say they take more initiative because of a Club
In 2022, 17 BGC Clubs participated in the qualitative portion of the BGC Canada Learning & Impact Project. The qualitative work of the project is one of the largest studies of its kind in Canada.
In 2023, Clubs deployed a second Member Survey, and 30 Clubs will participate in gathering qualitative data this fall.